Volunteer Opportunities at FAHS
Volunteer at the shelter, foster an animal, raise awareness, and more!
We require our volunteers to attend one of our Volunteer Orientations, which are held on the second Saturday of each month at 10:30 am.
In this class you will tour the shelter and learn the do’s and don’ts. After the basic orientation you may attend a cat enrichment or a dog enrichment class.
Families with children ages 10 and above are welcome to attend.
Groups wishing to volunteer or students needing service hours are asked to call the shelter and schedule a time.
Watch these videos or read these written instructions to learn more about volunteering!
Become a Foster Family
When puppy and kitten season is in full swing, we need fosters to care for some little ones until they are old enough to be adopted. Some babies come with mommas, while some may need to be bottle fed. Some animals just need a little extra TLC until they recover from a recent surgery or medical problem. If you can make room in your home and heart for a foster, please come out to the shelter and fill out an application.
There are many more ways you can help!
- Collect and donate items from our wish list, such as dog and cat food, towels, fleece blankets, and toys for dogs and cats.
- Make cat toys out of yarn, fleece, cardboard rolls, etc.
- Donate funds to support our lifesaving and life changing services.
- Set a positive example by being a responsible pet owner and talk to others about the importance spay and neutering pets.
- Spread the word about the FAHS, our services and mission.
We welcome your creativity! Use your individual talents and skills to make a difference for animals at the FAHS and in the community.