Volunteer Opportunities at FAHS
- Socialize Dogs and Puppies
- Socialize Cats and Kittens
- Foster Dogs or Puppies
- Foster Cats or Kittens
- Shelter Tasks-cleaning cages, laundry, wash dishes
- Offsite adoptions
- Office Tasks-data entry, thank you notes
- Special Events
- Adoption Host
- Photographer or Assistant
- Transport Animal Locally (Mon/Tues to/from SNIP)
- Transport out of town (to rescue)
- Petsmart Cat Caregiver
We require our volunteers to attend one of our Volunteer Orientations, which are held on the second Saturday of each month at 10:30 am.
In this class you will tour the shelter and learn the do’s and don’ts. After the basic orientation you may attend a cat enrichment or a dog enrichment class.
Families with children ages 10 and above are welcome to attend.
Groups wishing to volunteer or students needing service hours are asked to call the shelter and schedule a time.
Watch these videos or read these written instructions to learn more about volunteering!
Become a Foster Family
When puppy and kitten season is in full swing, we need fosters to care for some little ones until they are old enough to be adopted. Some babies come with mommas, while some may need to be bottle fed. Some animals just need a little extra TLC until they recover from a recent surgery or medical problem. If you can make room in your home and heart for a foster, please sign up today!
There are many more ways you can help!
- Collect and donate items from our wish list, such as dog and cat food, towels, fleece blankets, and toys for dogs and cats.
- Make cat toys out of yarn, fleece, cardboard rolls, etc.
- Donate funds to support our life saving and life changing services.
- Set a positive example by being a responsible pet owner
- Talk to others about the importance of spaying and neutering pets.
- Spread the word about the FAHS, our services, and our mission.
We welcome your creativity! Use your individual talents and skills to make a difference for animals at the FAHS and in the community.